Advanced Search Help
- Quick Search and Advanced Search are case-insensitive, site-wide and search the content of all items in all collections.
- “Or” is the default operator for Keyword and Boolean Searches. For example if you search for “Nimitz Gray Book”, all items containing “Nimitz” or “Gray” or “Book” will be returned.
- For Boolean Searches, you can search for multiple forms of a word with truncation using the asterisk *. For example, a search for “photo*” could return items with the terms “photograph” and “photography.”
- In Advanced Search, you can search using specific fields, such as title or date, and by collection or type. This searches using the “And” operator.
- In Advanced Search, you can search using multiple fields by selecting the “Add a Field” button. This searches using the “And” operator.